Politics & Civil Society
The Politics and Civil Society Research Cluster is focused upon political and civic agency of different types of minority communities (national, ethnic, linguistic), as well as that of their individual members. Therefore, we are looking for answers to research questions concerning both the broad context in which political and civic activity of the aforementioned actors takes place, as well as particular aspects of their political and civic engagement. More specifically, we are primarily interested in:
- political and civic organizations established by minority communities;
- traditional and digital minority language media;
- ideas (ideologies) inspiring political and civic actions of minority communities;
- discourses produced by minority communities in connection with their political and civic engagement, as well as discourses focusing on minority communities;
- the actual influence of minority communities on economic, political and social reality around them;
- the fluctuating nature of their political and civic interactions with majority groups.