The European Centre for Minority Issues (ECMI) is a German Private Law foundation. It is a non-profit research institute exempted from taxes in accordance with relevant German legal provisions (§ 5 Par. 1 Nr. 9 KStG).
Accountable regulatory body:
Ministry of Internal Affairs of Schleswig-Holstein
Accountable tax authority:
Finanzamt Flensburg, Germany
The ECMI Executive Board chaired by Dr Jørgen Kühl, represented by Director Prof. Dr. Vello Pettai ECMI Director (1 March 2020), Dr. Sergiusz Bober (Interim Director) and Dr. Andreea Carstocea (Interim Director).
Seat of the organisation:
Schiffbrücke 12 (Kompagnietor)
24939 Flensburg, Germany
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by ECMI and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits that are arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of ECMI. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. These links are provided purely for reference and the convenience of visitors. All disclaimers apply in respect of any third-party website and other content-providers as well.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, ECMI takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
The statements, findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in this website and its publications and in all contents herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the view of, or are endorsements from ECMI, its Board or its Founders or the governments they represent. ECMI is not responsible for and hereby expressly disclaims any and all liability for any and all damages or loss resulting from the use of the site and its publications.
ECMI periodically adds changes, improves, or updates the materials on this site without notice. User specifically acknowledges and agrees that ECMI is not liable for any conduct of any visitor.
As a condition of use of this site, user agrees to indemnify ECMI and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys' fees) arising from user's use of this site, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by user of these terms and conditions. If user is dissatisfied with any material on this site or with any of terms and conditions of use of this site, user's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this site.
By way of example, and not as a limitation, user agrees that when using the ECMI info channel, user shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
This Agreement will be interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany. Any action to enforce this agreement shall be brought before the district courts of Flensburg, Germany.